Saturday, 13 July 2013

Pick-your-own at the Cat and Fiddle farm

The sun has been shining and temperatures have been above 25 degrees since I've been home. That's nearly two weeks! I'm pretty sure this is unprecedented? Really though, this is the best weather I can remember since I was seventeen, when I revised for my AS levels exclusively outside, turning my legs brown as a nut. Back at college after exams I skipped all my chemistry lessons to sunbathe and seemed excessively carefree!


I drove home from Cordelia's this evening in sweltering heat, windows rolled down and radio 1 playing obnoxiously loudly, the scent of freshly picked strawberries filling the car, watching lobster-red people walk around in tiny scraps of clothing... Summer rarely gets going in this country but perhaps that makes it all the sweeter when it finally does and I don't think there's anywhere I'd rather be!

After spending the afternoon picking groaning punnets of perfectly ripe berries at a pick-your-own, tonight we ate them simply drizzled with cream. Tomorrow I will make something a little more adventurous for you :)

1 comment:

  1. Where's the strawberry tart, binky?? I know you're a working woman now but you're leaving us hanging, here ...

    ReplyDelete